Special issues of Health Education
The special issue 2 of Health Education: "What do health-promoting schools promote? Processes and outcomes in school health promotion" is available!
The following papers written by the members of the SHE Research Group and a guest editorial by Professor Venka Simovska about HPS and SHE are featured in special issue 2:
- Is school participation good for children? Associations with health and wellbeing, by Aingeal de Róiste, Colette Kelly, Michal Molcho, Aoife Gavin, Saoirse Nic Gabhainn (pp. 88 - 104)
- Student councils: a tool for health promoting schools? Characteristics and effects, by Ursula Griebler, Peter Nowak (pp. 105 - 132)
- Health literacy as a learning outcome in schools, by Leena Paakkari, Olli Paakkari (pp. 133 - 152)
- Moving from health education to health promotion: Developing the health education curriculum in Cyprus, by Soula Ioannou, Christiana Kouta, Neofytos Charalambous (pp. 153 - 169)
- Subjective health and mental well-being of adolescents and the health promoting school: A cross-sectional multilevel analysis, by Kate Levin, Jo Inchley, Dorothy Currie, Candace Currie (pp. 170 - 184)
The special issue 3: "Processes and outcomes in school health promotion: engaging with the evidence discourse" is also ready now!
The following articles are featured in special issue 3:
- Pre-service teachers' experience of and attitudes to teaching SPHE in Ireland, by Patricia Mannix McNamara, Sharon Moynihan, Didier Jourdan, Raymond Lynch (pp. 199 - 216)
- Implementation of an ICT-based learning environment in a nutrition health project, by Teija Räihä, Kerttu Tossavainen, Jorma Enkenberg, Hannele Turunen (pp. 217 - 235)
- The occupational well-being of school staff and maintenance of their ability to work in Finland and Estonia - focus on the school community and professional competence, by Terhi Saaranen, Marjorita Sormunen, Tiia Pertel, Karin Streimann, Siivi Hansen, Liana Varava, Kädi Lepp, Hannele Turunen, Kerttu Tossavainen (pp. 236 - 255)
- Associations between Finnish 9th grade students' school perceptions, health behaviors, and family factors, by Haapasalo Ilona, Välimaa Raili, Kannas Lasse (pp. 256 - 271)
- Process evaluation of an elementary school health learning intervention in Finland, by Marjorita Sormunen, Terhi Saaranen, Kerttu Tossavainen, Hannele Turunen (pp. 272 - 291)
- Health-promoting changes with children as agents: findings from a multiple case study research, by Venka Simovska, Monica Carlsson (pp. 292 - 304)